Volunteer Role Description
- Supervision of the children and Young People, including responsibility for groups of youngsters at times.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the Children and Young People.
- Mentor role/Interaction with the Children.
- Participation in certain activities with the Children, such as Ice-skating and Outdoor pursuits.
- Following instructions given by the Coordinator in relation to the above.
- CONSTANT VIGILANCE.
The members of Pembrokeshire Sibling Group are Children with a Disabled or Special Needs Sibling and are aged between 7 and 18. A Volunteer must have the ability to deal with
Children of all ages both separately and in groups.
The Coordinator is in charge of the running of the trips and acts under the instruction of the Trustees.
The following is a list of essential and desirable qualities required by the Trustees of the Pembrokeshire Sibling Group for the role of Volunteer Children's Supervisor.
- Aged 18 or above (21 if you have been a member of the group)
- A desire to work with children of all ages
- An approachable and patient personality
- Experience of working or living with people who have a physical or learning difficulty.
- Experience of working or living with people who have a Disability or Special Needs.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to voice opinions and ideas.
- Good listening skills.
- A Driving License.
- First aid training.
- To be willing to go on overnight stays.
If you wish to apply as a volunteer then please send us a completed copy of our
A copy of the volunteer description and role requirements can be downloaded here.